The best way to make the college admissions process stress-free is to start early.
When students attend my August workshop, they get 85% of their applications done before senior year even begins.
The 2018 workshop is scheduled for Monday 8/6 to Thursday 8/9.
Classes run from 9 to 1 each day. Place is to-be-determined, but it will most likely be held at Amherst Community Church in Snyder.
The cost of the 4-day, 16-hour workshop is $400.
The workshop sells out every year, so reserve a spot soon.
At the workshop, we will complete the following:
– Write the main Common Application essay
– Identify school-specific supplemental essays and explore ways to overlap them
– Finish the Profile, Family, Education, and Testing sections of Common Application
– Write a resume/ activities list to be used for the Common App Activities section
– Create accounts and write essays for non-Common App schools
– Identify which teachers to ask for recommendations; learn how to generate recommendation requests on Common App and/or Naviance
– Send official score reports from College Board and ACT
– Explore outside scholarship sites; write any school-based merit aid scholarship essays
What sets me apart is that my workshop is writing intensive. I don’t just talk about what makes a good essay. I actually sit with my students and patiently work through outlines and revisions until they create essays that stand out. My students sometimes call me the “Essay Whisperer” because I’m able to help them discern what to write about…even when they’re convinced they have “no good stories to tell” or that their lives are “boring”.
Call or text 716-440-4074 for more information about how the workshop may fit your child’s needs. If the dates of the workshop do not work for your family, I can schedule individual or small group appointments. My late summer/early fall appointments fill quickly, so contact me to guarantee a spot on the calendar.