My intensive three-day, nine-hour IN PERSON workshop will allow your student to get a major head start on college applications BEFORE the first day of senior year.
The workshop will run Wednesday August 24th to Friday August 26th, 9am to 12pm each day.
It will meet at my home office in Snyder.
The workshop will be strictly limited to eight students. The cost of the workshop is $400.
What we will accomplish:
– Write the main Common Application essay
– Identify school-specific supplemental essays and explore ways to overlap them
– Finish the Profile, Family, Education, and Testing sections of Common Application (in other words, fully complete all parts of Common App)
– Write a resume/ activities list to be used for the Common App Activities section
– Create accounts and write essays for any non-Common App schools
– Identify which teachers to ask for recommendations; learn how to generate recommendation requests on Common App and/or Naviance
– Decide whether or not to send SAT/ACT scores (some schools will continue to be test-optional). If sending, learn how to send official score reports from College Board and ACT
– Explore outside scholarship sites; write any school-based merit aid scholarship essays
What to bring:
- A laptop or tablet (Don’t forget your power cords!)
- A water bottle (I’ll provide water, drinks, and snacks.)
- The completed registration forms, including the essay brainstorm and the parent questionnaire (these should be completed ahead of the workshop)
- Usernames and passwords to all your college-related accounts (College Board, ACT Student)
- A list of your extracurricular activities or resume (This does not need to be super formal. A handwritten list will do.)
- A gmail account. We will do all of our revisions on Google Docs, so if you don’t have a gmail account set up, make one before the workshop starts.
- The remainder of workshop fee (check/cash/Venmo/Zelle)
What makes my workshop different is that it is writing intensive. I will personally make sure that each participant leaves with an excellent, thoughtful essay. That said, this not just a college essay workshop. We will complete all parts of the Common Application. Furthermore, I encourage a low-stress atmosphere that empowers students to enter senior year with a sense of relief knowing that their college applications are done. I anticipate that this workshop will book quickly! Fill out the form below to reserve your spot.